Friday, August 21, 2009

Outer Banks Sunrise Pics

We decided to watch the sunrise from the beach on our first morning this week in the Outer Banks, North Carolina.







My son was wiped out after getting up so early, so we hung back at the house while everyone else went to the beach. While he slept on the couch, I discovered that there is still a sub-culture that watches the Price is Right. I'm guessing that these same people that are guessing the price of room deodorizers by day are protesting health care reform by night.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks L.A. When it comes to picture taking, I'm all about quantity - if I take enough, some will come out OK. That morning I took about 120 pictures in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos - Hurricane Bill presented lots of opportunities to get some good shots. Check out surfkdh.com also or my blog, www.beachroadtomanteo.com. See y'all next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the links. I checked out the pictures and videos. Bill definitely caused some rough waters. I did get to drive through Manteo on this last trip, although not in an open air electric car! Looks like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good photography. I've done it for a living. You hit it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bob. I'm still using an auto focus easy-to-use camera. Maybe someday I'll graduate to something nicer. I was reading your post the other day about your Panasonic DMC-FX01. I have a bulky Canon PowerShot SX10IS, but I just can't give it up for something more convenient because it has 20x optical zoom. That really helps with those long distance shots.

    ReplyDelete