Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Graders Talkin' Smack

My wife recently served as a chaperon for a school field trip. She overheard a conversation between a group of first graders at lunch. It all started out of the blue, and it went something like this (with altered names).


Amanda: B.J., I heard you can't even buckle your own car seat!

Tommy laughs.

B.J.: Don't laugh Tommy! I saw your mother buckle your car seat
just yesterday.

Tommy: No way! I've been buckling my own car seat since
I was three!

Jason: I've been buckling my own car seat since I was zero!


We also had our own little episode of Kids Say the Darndest Things last night at home. We were watching the two hour pilot for Little House on the Prairie on DVD, and a scene came on with the tobacco-spittin' character, Mr. Edwards. My four year old son said, "Mommy, do you want to date that guy?" Ha! I'm not sure what goes on at home when I'm not there!

In honor of the smack talkin' first graders and my match-maker son, here are some clips from Art Linkletter's House Party.


No comments:

Post a Comment