Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Head in the Clouds

You can accuse me of having my head in the clouds. Here are some recent pictures of clouds in Prince George's County near Bowie.



I found these clouds near Metzerott Road by the College Park Woods neighborhood.





Another view from Metzerrot Road near the University of Maryland.





Sunrise near Largo, Maryland.





Another morning picture from Largo.





I don't recall where I took this picture, but it reminded me of the beginning of the Simpsons. At least I thought so when I took the picture, but now that I compare it to the videos on YouTube, they're a little bit different. Check out this video of real life vs cartoon Simpsons side-by-side.








Late afternoon clouds in Laurel, Maryland. The clouds formed a straight edge.





Morning clouds with tails in Lanham.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome clouds! The first two pictures are kind of psychedelic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photos.

    I can't believe someone went to the trouble to stage the Simpson's intro. Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndy, definitely psychedelic. You never know what you might find on the way to work. Too bad I had to contend with power lines for the shot.

    L.A., Agreed. Someone went to a lot of trouble to make that 1 minute video, but I suppose there could be more bizarre hobbies - like blogging about clouds.

    ReplyDelete