Bowie lobbyist Darrell Carrington is running against Doug Peters for Maryland's Distrist 23 Senate seat. Although you won't read this in the Bowie Star article, some people think this is more political maneuvering by Doug Peters. Click here to read the Bowie Star report.
The Bowie Chamber of Commerce will host a candidates' forum on August 25th for the District 23 Senate race and the District 23A and 23B House of Delegates races. Click here to read the story.
Bowie City Planner Joe Meinert is profiled for this decrepit map of the month exhibits at Bowie City Hall. Click here to read the story.
A Bowie man was arrested in Howard County and charged with human trafficking after allegedly attempting to convince an undercover police officer to work for him as a prostitute. Click here to read the story.
A Bowie man appears to have committed suicide in prison after being arrested for sex offenses. Click here to read the story.
The City of Bowie and BGE assess the success of the Bowie Electric Reliability program. Click here to read the story.
The following stories appeared in this week's Bowie Star:
- Property values expected to drop in Bowie
- Officials say Bowie-area man killed self in Jessup prison
- Planning Bowie's future starts with decrepit maps
- Bowie Chamber of Commerce schedules candidates' forums
- Fairwood man charged with human trafficking
- Armed robber takes cash, smokes from 7-Eleven and DUI Arrests
- Bowie lobbyist running for Senate Dist. 23
- Bowie, BGE meet with regulators over trees
- Bowie Area Leaders study up on health care reform
- Schools to open with new cell phone policy
- Mitchellville residents calling for HOA elections after alleged bylaw violations
- County Council District 6 candidates outline differences
- County police blotters (Bowie is in District 2)