A long term dispute between self proclaimed Bowie city activist Richard Dahms and City officials reached the attention of the Bowie Star after City Manager David Deutsch dropped a criminal complaint against Dahms. I have heard Richard Dahms described as a "street angel, house devil" who some people find to be very nice in person, but he publishes a hate filled Web site and frequently sends ridiculous rambling e-mails to local media and elected officials. One of those e-mails contained an alleged threat to cut off Deutsch's nuts. Advertisements for Dahms Web site have recently appeared on Facebook. Click here to read the Bowie Star story, and click here to read the ramblings of the Bowie city mad man. His words speak for themselves.
The last concert of Bowie's Sunset Concert Series takes place this coming Sunday at Allen Pond. Click here to read about the concert and see other community notes.
The following Bowie related stories appeared in this week's Bowie Star:
- Guns involved in two robberies in past week
- Bowie city manager drops complaint against resident
- High Bridge residents oppose BGE cutting, trimming their trees
- Builder of Bowie's Longleaf neighborhood fined $500k+ for consumer protection law violations
- Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe moves to new location in Old Bowie
- Early voting starts Friday at the Bowie Library
- District 23 Senate candidates outline their differences leading up to primary
- Shoppers Food & Pharmacy fined $2.5 million for bribing official
- County school board chairwoman running for re-election
- Community Notebook
- County police reports (Bowie is in District 2)