Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Snowstorm Chronicles - The Beginning

I heard stories on the radio and television about long lines in stores and bare shelves. At the Giant in Bowie's Freestate Shopping Center, there were long lines at the registers during the last couple of days, but the shelves remained fairly well stocked.


Here is a picture from the bread aisle Friday evening around 5:30pm. The shelves aren't nearly as full as they usually are, but there is plenty of bread left. My wife and I had a naming contest for this picture. Her suggestion was:

People Too Lazy to Bend Over to Buy Bread

Mine was:

Jewish Rye not Big Seller at Bowie Giant




The other end of the bread aisle.



Less milk than usual, but still plenty.



I found these snowpeople hanging out at the corner of Beaverdale Drive and Buckingham Lane. They are remnants from Wednesday's "practice" storm. I hope the little guy will be able to keep his head above the new snow.




More snowpeople on Stoneybrook Drive near the intersection with Buckingham Drive.



I took this "baseline" shot of the picnic table in our backyard around 5:00pm Friday evening. I'll use it for comparison in a future post.




Here is a picture of Belair Drive at 6:00pm. Although this picture is a little dark, the snow cover made it light enough to take a picture.

3 comments:

  1. You and your wife have had a rough night! Go back to bed and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. It's better than the news. Better pictures too.

    ~Judith

    ReplyDelete