The Bowie Star this week includes the following community news and events.
- Schedule for the City of Bowie Saturday Concerts in the Park
- Bowie student blogging from the World Cup soccer games in South Africa
- The list of award recipients from the Bowie Memorial Day Parade
Berwyn Rod & Gun Club Provides Info at Bowiefest
Some people aren't aware that there is a shooting range in Bowie, and the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club sponsored an information booth at Bowiefest to bring awareness to their club. Check out the story in the Bowie Star by clicking here.
The gun range is located along the WB&A hiker/biker trail between Race Track Road and Laurel Bowie Road (behind the DAV). The sounds of gunfire can make some people uncomfortable when they use the WB&A trail next to the range. Check out this video of my kids riding their bikes by the range. Make sure you turn the sound up.
Something doesn't seem right about putting bike helmets on your kids for safety and letting them ride by a shooting range.
The following are other stories appearing in this week's Bowie Star.
- Bowie Star coverage of Bowiefest (with some pics)
- Residents tell planners to focus on mass transit
- Developer files for county executive seat (Henry Turner of Bowie)
- Longleaf residents are pleased with improved traffic flow
- Bowie police ask for meeting with city manager
- Bowie teen arrested in Virginia for allegedly sexually assaulting child